In 2023, there are many situations in which Russians cannot do without foreign mobile communication services. And in many of these cases, it is often more practical to buy a Kazakh SIM card in Russia. However, only a few people know if this is possible and how to do it. We have thoroughly investigated this question and offer you to familiarize yourself with the results of our "investigation".
Reasons to buy a SIM card from Kazakhstan in Moscow
There are different groups of citizens in Russia who may need to buy a Kazakh SIM card:
- People who have moved to Kazakhstan for a long time. In recent years, there has been a significant number of such citizens. They need a Kazakh SIM card to make calls and access the internet;
- Travelers visiting Kazakhstan. For Russians who are on a trip to Kazakhstan, a local SIM card is important for navigation, communication with relatives, and ordering taxis;
- Citizens of Russia using Kazakh banking services. Many Russians apply for a Kazakh bank card to pay for foreign services. To do this, you need to have a Kazakhstan Identification Number (IIN), which requires buying a SIM card from Kazakhstan. Payment notifications will be sent to this SIM card, even when the citizen is in Russia or another country;
- Account registration and payment for foreign services. With the help of a Kazakh SIM card, you can create new accounts and pay for foreign services using a Kazakh bank card, which becomes relevant after the blocking of Russian Visa and Mastercard cards;
So, a Kazakh SIM card is interesting for residents of Russia as a means of communication, a tool for obtaining local banking services, and a way of authentication in various online services. By the way, in most cases, citizens use Kazakh numbers specifically for registering in popular social networks, messengers, and gaming portals, where it is not possible to register with a Russian number. Therefore, it is sufficient for them to buy a virtual Kazakh SIM card. Let's start the review specifically with this service.
Where to buy a SIM card in Kazakhstan?
You can buy a SIM card in Kazakhstan in several places:
Kiosks and small shops. Such places can be found in cities, as well as at train stations and airports. Here, the most affordable prices are offered. The cost of a Kazakh SIM card is approximately 800 to 1000 tenge, with a balance of 500 tenge on the account.
Official communication salons, where buying a Kazakh SIM card is not very advantageous. These salons are mainly located in large shopping centers. In such places, you may be offered options starting from 2500 tenge, often with unnecessary options. Buying such SIM cards is usually not profitable. However, salon staff can help activate the SIM card, so it is best to contact them for this purpose.
Also, if you need to change the tariff or add new options, you can do so through the application or website of your mobile operator.
Which SIM card to buy in Kazakhstan?
In Kazakhstan, there are several mobile operators offering SIM cards for Russians:
- You can buy a Beeline Kazakhstan SIM card;
- Tele2 (Altel);
- Activ (Kcell);
The choice of operator depends on your needs. For Russians planning to use a SIM card outside of Kazakhstan, Tele2 and Beeline offer interesting tariffs. If you live in Kazakhstan, consider the option with the operator Activ (Kcell). The quality of communication and coverage area is approximately the same for all operators.