There are several reasons why an internet user might want to unlink their phone number from their Avito account. For example, if they no longer wish to answer calls from persistent individuals regarding a specific closed ad. Or if they have multiple contacts listed in their profile and need to free up some of them for other accounts. Regardless of the reason, follow the advice in this article to solve the issue.
How to unlink a phone number from an Avito account using a computer?
Using a PC offers two possible solutions to achieve this task. Before unlinking a phone number from Avito on your device, please read our instructions:
1st method (removing the number from internal settings):
- Log in to your profile and hover over your avatar. Then select the "Settings" menu. This can also be done through the menu in your personal account.
- Scroll down to the "Phone" category and activate it.
- Locate the phone number you want to remove and click "Continue." You will then need to enter a code that you will receive via SMS within a couple of minutes.
- After entering the verification code, confirm the operation.
- Remember that you can only delete a number if your account is linked to more than one contact. Read the last section of this material to learn how to obtain an additional number for this purpose.
2nd method, how to unlink a phone number from an Avito account:
- Open the "Settings" menu of your profile, similar to the previous method.
- Click on "Delete" and confirm the profile deletion procedure.