for the general population and the first social networks appeared, people willingly shared their personal contacts on their profiles for everyone to see. Today, such an action looks, at the very least, reckless. And all because in our era, information security is one of the main guarantees for a normal personal existence. Therefore, today we are going to talk about how to hide your phone number on VKontakte (VK) and use the platform with peace of mind.
How to hide your number on VK through your phone?
You can do this from both your smartphone and your computer. The process is the same in either case. However, since no one uses social networks on their PCs anymore, we are publishing a detailed guide for you on "how to hide your phone number on VK" using a mobile device. Before continuing, make sure you have the official app for the service installed on your phone and that you are logged in. Then do the following:
1. At the bottom of the screen, go to "Services".
2. Expand the profile menu (the button with three lines at the top right of the screen).
3. At the very bottom of the screen, click on "Settings".
4. Then select the "Privacy" section.
5. Scroll down the section until you find the settings block "Contact Me".
6. Before hiding your phone number on VK in 2023, find the option "Who can see my profile during contact import".
7. Choose the option "Nobody".
By doing this, no user will be able to associate your phone number (even if the user is your friend who has saved your contact in their contact book) with your account. Note that besides hiding the contact in the "Contact Me" block, you can also manage calls within the platform. With proper configuration of the options in this block, you can create comfortable conditions for using the platform. And there will be no need to disconnect your phone number.